Testing, testing: A$AP Rocky is coming to San Diego.
On Monday, Oct. 29, the Harlem rapper -- who released his latest studio album "Testing" in May -- announced the North America-spanning "Injured Generation Tour," which is scheduled to roll through Valley View Casino Center on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019.
Tickets for the show go on sale to the general public on Friday, Nov. 2, at 10 a.m. PST at this link. Fan club pre-sale tickets are also currently available (while supplies last). Heads up: the password is ALLSMILES.
Born Rakim Mayers, the chart-topping rapper adopted his stage name of A$AP Rocky, after joining the hip-hop collective A$AP Mob (which also counts A$AP Ferg as a member) in the late-'00s. Rocky's first mixtape, 2011's "Live. Love. A$AP.," garnered him considerable acclaim and led to a record deal with Polo Grounds Music, RCA Records and Sony Music Entertainment.
Since then, Rocky's enjoyed one cahrt success after another: His debut studio album, 2013's "Long. Live. A$AP.," hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200, as well as his 2015 follow-up full-length, "At. Long. Last. A$AP." The rapper's latest record, "Testing," also debuted at No. 4. Not too shabby, eh?
The upcoming January show is A$AP Rocky's first performance in town since his 2017 show at the Observatory North Park with the rest of the A$AP Mob. And while he hasn't named openers yet, chances are it'll be someone worth showing up early for.
A$AP Rocky's Injured Generation Tour Dates
- Jan. 8: Minneapolis, MN @ The Armory
- Jan. 9: Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion
- Jan. 11: Toronto, ON @ Coca@Cola Coliseum
- Jan. 13: Montreal, QC @ Place Bell
- Jan. 15: Philadelphia, PA @ The Liacouras Center
- Jan. 18: Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
- Jan. 20: Washington, DC @ The Anthem
- Jan. 22: Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- Jan. 23: Duluth, GA @ Infinite Energy Center
- Jan. 25: San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
- Jan. 26: Houston, TX @ NRG Arena
- Jan. 27: Grand Prairie, TX @ The Theatre at Grand Prairie
- Jan. 30: San Diego, CA @ Valley View Casino Center
- Jan. 31: Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
- Feb. 1: Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
- Feb. 2: San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Feb. 5: Portland, OR @ Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- Feb. 6: Kent, WA @ accesso ShoWare Center