With rain in the forecast, residents of San Diego County's unincorporated areas are reminded that free sand and bags are available at strategic locations throughout the County. These include four road stations as well as fire stations in Fallbrook and Dulzura.
The locations are:
- 28205 N. Lake Wohlford Rd., Valley Center
- 16971 Hwy 76, Valley Center
- 1587 Hwy 78, Julian
- 1364 Tavern Road, Alpine
- Cal Fire, Mount Woodson Station - 16310 Highway 67, Ramona
- North County Fire Protection, Station Four - 4375 Pala Mesa Drive, Fallbrook
- Dulzura Fire Station -17304 Highway 94, Dulzura
While the sand and bags are provided free of charge, residents are asked to provide their own shovels to load the free sand.