Not to mention check out the local restaurants from La Jolla to Coronado now offering up special deals to show off their wine steals to celebrate the state's harvest : Peohe's, The Shores, The Steakhouse at Azul.
Now check out the reasons California's wine industry has scored high marks.
- They have been around for 250 years and combine art, science and innovation and tradition.
- Talk about eco-friendly, the statewide Sustainable Winegrowing Program (SWP) is a model for agricultural products and other wine regions in the U.S. and the world.
- Local, local, local--The vast majority of California's 4,600 growers and 2,800 wineries are family owned and operated businesses that go back generations.
- It's all about variety--Starting with Spanish missionaries, to German, Swiss, French and Italian immigrants to modern day entrepreneurs , have all made their mark on California wines.
- Chef inspired--Seasonal cooking and dining focuses on the popularity of California wines.
- Jobs, jobs, jobs--Generates 820,000 jobs nationwide.
- 19.7 million tourists visit California for food and wine-related activities.
- Women rule--They play a critical role in the California wine industry, taking lead positions in viticulture, wine making, sales, marketing hospitality and distribution.
- Wine grapes ensure that land stays in agriculture and preserves open space and scenic pastoral landscapes.
- California wine industry leads the way for new ventures in other states i.e. wine magazines, tv shows, blogs websites.