Cupcakes are Something to Sing About
Locals enjoying Chocolate Decadence "Cups"
A sweet new organic cupcake lounge could have the perfect recipe.
Cups is now open on Girard Avenue in La Jolla Village. The dessert lounge offers everything from cupcakes to virgin mojitos to -- DJ’s and even karaoke.
This Sunday is “Cup-aoke Sunday” at the sweet treat lounge where you can snag a complimentary cupcake in exchange for belting out your best version of “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” or whatever tickles your karaoke fancy.
Every edible item Cups serves is made in-house with local, sustainable, organic ingredients, including their already-famous strawberry milk “on tap” and house-made chai tea blend.
Some of this week’s sweet specials are:
- The Donut—lightly spiced donut cup, tossed in cinnamon sugar
- Limone Ricotta—Gluten-free lemon ricotta torte, made with ground almonds, and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting
- Honey Carrot—carrot cup filled with walnuts, pineapple and coconut filled with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- PB&J—Vanilla cup filled with strawberry preserves, topped with creamy peanut buttercream
- S’mores—graham-cracker crusted chocolate cup, filled with rich chocolate buttercream and topped with a toasted marshmallow
- Goober—vanilla cup filled with grape jelly topped with peanut butter frosting (vegan)
- Better with Bacon—vanilla bean cup flavored with rich maple syrup, topped with maple buttercream and crisp maple sugar-cured bacon.
Cups will sugar-coat your events with their catering services or teach you to bake and decorate like the pros during their baking classes taught by chef and owner, Michelle Ciccarelli Lerach.