Cinco de 'Oh-No! Did I Really Eat All That?'
A plate of Mexican food with chips and tortillas.
Cinco de Mayo can easily wreck havoc with your diet. Here's the skinny on what was in those margaritas and guacamole.
Calories from Calorie King.com (Calories are approximate).
- Two Margarita's (8 oz.): 362 calories
- Pina Colada: 260
- Cerveza" 125-160 (Corona 140; Dos Equis 130)
- Shot of tequila (1.5 oz.): 105
- Tortilla Chips (corn or flour, 1/2 cup): 150
- Guacamole (3 oz.): 110
- Enchilada: 330
- Taco Salad (with dressing): 800
- Cheese Quesadilla: 490
- Nachos (medium size): 700
- Refried Beans & Rice: 250
- Regular Taco: 170
- Rice Pudding (4 oz.): 140
Some options that will still keep you satisfied:
- Taco Salad with salsa (dressing on the side, no shell):420
- Menudo Soup (1 cup): 110
- Black beans and vegetarian rice: 200
- Pico de Gallo: 5!