Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Save the fried beef-jerky for after the Bungee Jump. It's #1 on our list of scariest rides.
Nothing screams fun like being dropped upside down at 80 feet in the air and being twisted and turned in all directions.
While the thought of this ride – the Rock-It, a new one at the San Diego County Fair – may nauseate some, others are up for the challenge, and they won’t be wasting their ride coupons on anything less than terrifying.
For those thrill seekers, here are the top 5 scariest rides at the San Diego County Fair.
5. Windsurf takes a row of riders upside-down and twirling through the air. Passengers’ feet dangle off their seats as they totter and twist sporadically through the air.
4. Windstorm is a new rollercoaster at the fair. It loops, swoops and drops at speeds of up to 60 mph. It reaches extreme heights and extreme speeds for very extreme fair-goers.
3. If Windsurf didn’t send enough blood to your head, Speed just might. Speed turns pairs of riders through the air, upside-down and round and round.
2. Haven’t spent enough time upside-down? Rock-It, as mentioned, takes riders upside-down at 80 feet in the air and twists and turns riders in all directions.
1. Any ride that requires a parent consent form from minors under 18 means business. The truest thrill-seekers in San Diego can Bungee Jump from 130 feet in the air, only to be sprung back and dangled in midair from a crane.
Single ride coupons cost 75 cents, 28 coupons cost $20 and 72 coupons cost $50. Admission and ride ticket packages are available online or through Ticketmaster.