Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Former New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. The Hall of Famer allegedly hit another car, but told police he thought it was a guard rail. Police did not conduct a sobriety test.
A Miami man who was involved in a car accident with NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor last year has filed a civil lawsuit claiming he has endured severe emotional and physical pain and suffering from his run in with the greatest linebacker of all time.
The lawsuit seeks upwards of $15,000 in damages.
The timing couldn't be any worse for Taylor, who is facing more serious legal matters. The Pembroke Pines resident is accused of raping a 15-year-old girl while in New York earlier this month. If found guilty, he could face four years in prison.
On Nov. 8, Taylor was arrested by Miami cops after he allegedly rammed his Cadillac Escalade into the van of Manuel Villari Castillo on the Palmetto Expressway. Taylor kept on going and told police that he thought he had hit a guard rail, not a car.
He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and released on $500 bond.
Castillo, an air conditioning repair man, didn't appear to be injured in the accident, but the lawsuit claims he has suffered "disability, physical impairment, disfigurement" and "loss of ability to lead and enjoy a normal life."
Police said the van itself suffered around $10,000 in damage, but the arrest report cited no injuries to Castillo.
Perhaps the lawsuit is piling on to an already beaten down man. Now Taylor knows how NFL quarterbacks felt during his relentless pursuits on the football field.