Richie Incognito Back at Miami Dolphins Training Facility on Friday

On Thursday, Incognito also met with NFL special investigator Ted Wells at the facility.

Friday, Nov 22, 2013  |  Updated 12:41 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Richie Incognito arrived at the Dolphins training facility on Friday. He had also been there Thursday meeting with NFL investigator Ted Wells.

Richie Incognito arrived at the Dolphins training facility on Friday. He had also been there Thursday meeting with NFL investigator Ted Wells.

advertisement

Richie Incognito was back at the Miami Dolphins training facility on Friday, a day after he agreed to postpone his grievance hearing challenging his suspension by the team until after the NFL  investigation into the alleged bullying of teammate Jonathan Martin.

On Thursday, Incognito also met with NFL special investigator Ted Wells at the facility. Wells had been there for the several days interviewing Dolphins players, coaches and other personnel about the alleged bullying.

Incognito, who was suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team on Nov. 3, has missed two games for the Dolphins, who are 5-5 and tied for the final AFC playoff spot. Under the NFL rules, the Dolphins can continue to suspend him without pay for two more games.

After four games, the team would either have to reinstate Incognito or cut him.

Photos and Videos

Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito Postpone Hearing

Richie Incognito agreed to postpone his grievance hearing challenging his suspension by the Miami Dolphins until the NFL completes its investigation into the alleged bullying of teammate Jonathan Martin. NBC 6's Ari Odzer reports.
More Photos and Videos

"I have agreed to postpone my expedited arbitration hearing until after the investigation by Ted Wells is complete," Incognito said in a statement. "I will cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation. I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon."

Meanwhile, the team also said in a statement that Incognito was cooperating fully with the NFL investigation and would meet with Wells.

Martin, an offensive tackle, abruptly left the team last month. Allegations later surfaced that Martin was harassed by teammates, including Incognito, who allegedly sent Martin racist and threatening text messages.

The NFL has launched an investigation into the incident which is being conducted by Wells, who met with Martin last week.  The NFL Players Association is also conducting its own investigation into the matter.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out