A new policy announced by the NFL today limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the stadium.
The NFL Committee on Stadium Security has implemented a security measure that restricts the size of bags, packages and containers.
The following items may not be brought into any NFL stadium:
- purses larger than a clutch bag
- fanny packs
- cinch bags
- luggage of any kind
- seat cushions
- computer bags
- camera bags
- any bag larger than the permissible size.
Items that are allowed include the following:
- Clear plastic bags cannot exceed 12 inches long by 6 inches wide and 12 inches deep.
- Clear plastic freezer bags cannot be larger than one gallon.
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
The NFL said exceptions will be made for the medically-necessary items.
Officials said they hope this new process will make stadium entrance smoother and faster.