Get the latest Chargers news, scores, game photos, highlights, rumors and roster information

Kris Dielman to Miss Season

Left guard was a staple on the Chargers offensive line

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Getty Images
    Kris Dielman #68 of the San Diego Chargers takes a breather on the bench while facing the Miami Dolphins at Dolphin Stadium on October 5, 2008 in Miami, Florida.

    San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl left guard Kris Dielman will be out for the season after suffering a grand mal seizure on the team plane last month. 

    Dielman hasn't played since he sustained a concussion in the Chargers Oct. 23 loss to the New York Jets.

    Chargers Lose Player to Concussion

    [DGO] Chargers Lose Player to Concussion
    San Diego Charger offensive lineman, Kris Dielman, was visibly shaken after a play in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game against the Jets. NFL.com Chargers.com. (Published Saturday, Oct 29, 2011)

    The 320-pound Dielman was staggered by the injury early in the fourth quarter but continued to play.

    "It's just one of those plays. I banged my head a little bit, and now I've got to deal with it," Dielman said after the game.

    "It (stinks). I was having a good year and this team's having a good year and I want to be part of this good season," Dielman said immediately following the concussion.

    The seizure occurred during the plane's descent into San Diego according to the Associated Press.

    Lineman Ikechuku Ndukwe has been signed to a one-year contract according to a Chargers news release.