San Diego's mayoral candidates participated in a frank discussion about the issues affecting voters during Wednesday's live NBC 7 debate.
The one-hour debate between Councilman Carl DeMaio and U.S. Rep. Bob Filner addressed the candidates' specific funding plans and brough up some of the lingering issues going into next month's general election.
NBC 7’s Gene Cubbison and Catherine Garcia and Voice of San Diego CEO Scott Lewis asked the questions. NBC 7 anchor Mark Mullen moderated the debate, and Voice of San Diego reporter Liam Dillon took part in a live analysis afterward.
Here are the links to the topics discussed at the debate:
- What the candidates had to say to San Diego's undecided voters
- How Bob Filner addressed his often-criticized temperament
- A new state law on Social Security that may present some challenges to Prop. B
- How exactly the candidates might fund a new stadium
- How the candidates would advise water authority representatives on a new desalination plant
- Comments on a controversial email sent by US Attorney Laura Duffy in support of DeMaio
- The hypothetical question: What job would you give your opponent?
- How San Diego's port may be able to bring more jobs to the city