5 Sickened by Gas Station Nacho Cheese | NBC 7 San Diego
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

5 Sickened by Gas Station Nacho Cheese

Officials have taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    5 Sickened by Gas Station Nacho Cheese

    California officials say five people were hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station.

    The Sacramento Bee reports officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb. Sacramento health officials are also investigating four cases that may be related.

    Botulism is an illness that can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

    Officials have since taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks. Employees have not responded to requests for comment.

    Man's Moving Technique Gains Him Attention on Social Media

    [NATL] Man's Moving Technique Gains Him Attention on Social Media

    Photos of a Lexington, North Carolina man hauling his curbside treasure from one side of town to another are getting attention on social media.

    Whittney Biggerstaff was caught on camera picking up a sofa from the side of the road yesterday and balancing it on his bike -- all the way from an area near Lexington BBQ to his home on Hartman Street, about two miles away.

    (Published 24 minutes ago)

    One of the victims has filed a lawsuit against the gas station. Lavinia Kelly has been in the hospital for three weeks. She says the illness caused her to lose her ability to keep her eyelids open.