At least two people have been killed and 26 others wounded in weekend Chicago shootings.
Both of the weekend’s fatal shootings happened Saturday on the city’s West Side.
The first homicide took place just before 4:30 p.m. in the 200 block of North Pine Avenue in the city’s Austin neighborhood. Police said Charles Lee, 32, was seated in a parked vehicle when someone in a passing vehicle shot him.
Lee attempted to drive away but crashed nearby, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 5:04 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.
Around 11:30 p.m., 20-year-old Kendall Floyd, was shot in the 3400 block of West Madison Street. Floyd was outside when shots were fired from a white minivan, striking him in the head and body.
He was transported to Mount Sinai and pronounced dead shortly before midnight, officials said.
- Boy, 4, Killed in Accidental Shooting with Parents' Gun
- Police Find Guns, Drugs at Home with Daycare Center
Among the wounded in shootings:
- A 15-year-old boy was shot around 3 p.m. in the 4600 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue. Police said the teen suffered wounds to his back and abdomen and was listed in serious condition at Comer Children's Hospital.
- Around 6 a.m. Sunday, police said a 24-year-old woman was shot while sitting in a car with an acquaintance in the 900 block of North Lavergne Avenue. The woman told police she heard shots and felt pain, before realizing she had been shot in the left hand. Her acquaintance drove her to Loretto Hospital for treatment.
- About two hours earlier, a 23-year-old man was shot in the 4600 block of West Diversey Avenue. He was taken to Our Lady of Resurrection Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds. He was last listed in stable condition, police said.
- Just before 3:30 a.m. a 19-year-old man was the victim of a shooting near 81st Street and Drexel Avenue. The teen was sitting in a parked car when someone walked up and opened fire at his vehicle. Police said the teen fled the scene in his vehicle but crashed into a parked car. He then fled on foot to 79th and Ingleside where he called police. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- Less than an hour earlier, a man was shot in the Washington Park neighborhood. Police responded to a call of a person shot in the 5600 block of South Wabash Avenue and found a man, believed to be 20-30 years old, on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds to his body. He was taken in critical condition John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, according to authorities.
- On Saturday, a 16-year-old boy was shot around 11:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of North Lawndale Avenue. Police said the boy was walking on the block when someone fired at him from a passing dark-colored vehicle. The teen fled on foot to the 1900 block of North Central Park to notify police. He suffered wounds to his thigh and a hip and was taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center in stable condition.
- Around 8:30 p.m. a 19-year-old man was shot in the 7000 block of South Vernon Avenue. The teen was shot when someone fired at him from behind. He was taken to an area hospital in unknown condition.
- A little over an hour earlier, three people were shot in the 1600 block of West 70th Street. Police said someone opened fire on three people from an alley. An 18-year-old man and 20-year-old man were both shot in the leg and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition. A 15-year-old boy was also shot in the foot and taken to Holy Cross Hospital in stable condition. Police said the victims knew the offender who shot them and Area South detectives are investigating.
- Just after 4:30 p.m. a 50-year-old man was shot during an attempted robbery in the 7100 block of South May Street. The man was approached by two men, one of which held a gun to him while the other took items from his pockets, police said. The victim was shot in the left leg during the robbery and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- About 10 minutes earlier, a 24-year-old man was self-transported to Holy Cross Hospital in critical condition. Police said the man had a wound to the neck and was in critical condition, but noted the shooting took place in the 7200 block of South Artesian Avenue.
- Around 12:45 pm. an 18-year-old man was shot in the 8600 block of South Exchange Avenue. The teen had a wound to his inner thigh and was in good condition at an area hospital, police said. Details surrounding the shooting were not immediately available.
- At about noon, a 17-year-old man was shot in the 7400 block of South Vernon Avenue. The teen was struck in the right leg and taken to St. Bernard Hospital in stable condition.