A water main break has prompted the closure of the east gate to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Monday.
Water started bubbling up to the surface of the road Saturday morning.
Since then, crews have worked to clear the dirt around the water main break in an attempt to identify the source of the leak and fix it.
On Monday, the Public Affairs Officer for MCAS Miramar said base officials were not sure when the east entrance would open.
They are advising workers and other personnel to use the north and west entrances until further notice.
More NBC 7 Stories:
- Investigations Launched in Drone Mishap
- Car Knocks Building off Foundation
- Would-Be Thief Tries to Steal Cartful of MacBooks
- San Diego Woman Donates Kidney to Stranger
- Oldest Pygmy Hippo Celebrates B-Day