Indoor Pot Grow Discovered in Vista House Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two people were injured and a dog had to be resuscitated after an early morning fire in Vista. Now, two other people are facing questions about a marijuana grow found inside the house. NBC 7’s Steven Luke has the latest on the investigation.

    DEA investigators have launched an investigation involving a small marijuana grow inside a burned-out home in Vista.

    Fire gutted a home in Vista early Monday injuring two people and one dog, officials said.

    Firefighters were called to the home on Vale Terrace Drive near Foothill Drive just before 6 a.m.

    Fire Damages Vista Home

    [DGO] Fire Damages Vista Home
    Firefighters responded to a home on Vale Terrace just before 6 a.m. and arrived to flames and smoke coming from the residence.

    When they arrived, flames were visible from the street.

    Four people were outside the home waiting for firefighters.

    Firefighters Revive Dog in Vista House Fire

    [DGO] Firefighters Revive Dog in Vista House Fire
    Two firefighters administer oxygen to an animal pulled from the fire on Vale Terrace Drive in Vista Monday.

    A man needed to be treated for asthma symptoms complicated by the smoke and a woman was rushed to the hospital with burns to her hand.

    Firefighters helped pull a dog from the fire according to officials. Two firefighters provided oxygen to the pet on the lawn outside the home and successfully revived the animal.

    After dawn, the damage from the fire was visible from the air as the NBC 7 helicopter provided video. Flames destroyed the roof and scorched the inside of the home.

    Fifteen marijuana plants were discovered inside along with lights, CO2 pumps and generators, officials said.

    A DEA narcotics task force is now taking over this part of the investigation.

    The two people not injured in the fire have been detained for questioning.

    As for the cause of the fire, officials said they don't believe the marijuana grow is to blame. It may have been a space heater of some kind. But that could change as fire investigators still have some work in front of them.