The Sweetwater Union High School District and its National Association of Government Employees (NAGE) union have reached a tentative settlement.
Under the three-year tentative agreement, the district will increase its current annual contribution of nearly $9,000 per employee to over $12,000 per employee.
The agreement also includes the following wage increases:
• 1.56% increase Year 1 (effective 1/1/14)
• 1.80% increase Year 2 (effective 7/1/14)
• 2.20% increase Year 3 (effective 7/1/15)
The district is still in negotiations with its teachers union. An October board meeting that had to be called to recess after teachers became disruptive and were told to leave.
NAGE unit members will vote on the new proposed contract Dec. 6. The Board of Trustees will then vote on whether to approve the agreement at its Dec. 9 meeting.
Ed. Note: A previous version of this article identified the union as that of the teachers in the Sweetwater District. We regret the error.
More NBC 7 Stories:
- San Diego Man May Be Latest Victim of 'Knockout' Game
- San Diego Man Rescued from Submerged Car
- Woman Reported Missing; Car Seen Driving Into Mexico
- Dad Returns Home with Bloody Leash, Sparking Search for Owner
- Father, Son Jump to Escape House Fire
- Caught on Video: Driver Survives Speed Trial Crash