A discarded cigarette caused a fire that burned several storage units, according to firefighters.
The fire started inside a storage unit at 9434 Kearny Mesa Road just after 12 p.m. Friday. The flames quickly spread to three other units.
“It did spread to two other adjoining units and one behind the unit where the fire originated,” said San Diego Fire and Rescue spokesperson Maurice Luque.
The fire was knocked down in about 23 minutes, Luque said.
There was about $150,000 worth of damage done to the structure and $100,000 in damage to the contents inside, which included some Star Wars collectables, according to Luque.