With takeout restaurants on almost every corner, easy access to a doctor and traffic lights that are timed so you're almost always seeing green, a city can offer its residents time-saving tricks to ease the chaos of daily life.
If you think getting around San Diego is relatively easy and convenient, you might be right.
Real Simple Magazine has compiled a list of the top time-saving cities in the country-- based on issues including commute times, health and safety.
The magazine rated America's cities in the following categories:
- Getting around, which Includes average commute, walkability, traffic congestion, and on-time performance at the local airport.
- Health and safety, which takes into account the average wait to get a doctor's appointment, physicians per capita, and response times of paramedics.
- Information and technology. This Includes broadband and wifi service, bookstores and libraries per capita, as well as helpful resources such as 211 hotlines.
- Going Green. Energy time savers, such as access to recycling ,the number of farmers' markets, and bike friendliness.
- Lifestyle. This Includes the number of personal trainers, takeout restaurants and other time-saving services.
San Diego came in at 19. The magazine found our city has the shortest average commute among the 10 largest cities in the United States.