Residents Displaced After Logan Heights Fire

Fire caused by failure of heat source equipment

By Lauren Steussy
|  Thursday, Nov 17, 2011  |  Updated 9:57 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Hidden Home Fire Hazards

advertisement

A fire broke out early Thursday morning in a Logan Heights apartment complex.

Thirteen residents were displaced from their homes in the complex on the 300 block of 30th street at about 3 a.m., according the San Diego Fire Department.

Fire crews extinguished the fire in 15 minutes.

Authorities say the fire was caused by a failure of the heat source equipment, resulting in approximately $1,900 in damage.

No injuries were reported from the fire, and all those displaced were able to find friends of family to stay with.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out