Hundreds of post offices, including ten in San Diego, are in the recession crosshairs.
The United State Postal Service selected 677 branches nationwide for either closure or consolation, the Washington Post reported. At least 38 of those locations are in Southern California. The complete list was posted on washingtonpost.com.
"The writing is on the wall and the postal service obviously has to make some tough decisions if it wants to weather this storm," said Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.).
"You better believe that if those post offices have to be closed I'm going to be besieged by people asking, 'Please don't close my post office,'" she added later.
Only about 200 of the 677 are likely to be closed, the Post reported.
- 340 Oxford St., Chula Vista
- 403 N. Escondido Blvd., Escondido
- 517 Seagaze Drive, Oceanside
- 3774 Mission Ave., Oceanside
- 3420 Guadalcanal Road, Naval Amphibious Base
- 2692 C St., San Diego
- 3791 Grim Ave., North Park
- 3426 College Ave., Oak Park
- 2931 Canon St., Point Loma
- 3298 Governor Drive, University City