Pet Dies in Lakeside House Fire

By R. Stickney
|  Friday, Feb 22, 2013  |  Updated 7:13 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Firefighters say a space heater started the fire where three adults and two children live. NBC 7's Megan Tevrizian reports.

Firefighters say a space heater started the fire where three adults and two children live. NBC 7's Megan Tevrizian reports.

One person was injured and a family pet killed in a Lakeside house fire early Friday.

Neighbors told NBC 7 San Diego flames jumped up to 15 feet into the air when the fire broke out inside the home on River Street around 3:30 a.m.

Firefighters say a space heater started the fire where three adults and two children live.

One person was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. One of the family’s dogs died in the fire according to the fire chief.

Crews were able to get to the home quickly because the fire station is located less than a mile away.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out