Neighbor Rescues Man from Mission Hills Fire

By Elena Gomez and R. Stickney
|  Friday, Oct 25, 2013  |  Updated 6:33 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Neighbor Rescues Man from Mission Hills Fire

advertisement

San Diego Fire-Rescue battled a fire inside a two-story building in Mission Hills.

Firefighters arrived to smoke and flames inside the large home on Alameda Drive around 11:00 p.m. Thursday.

One man was transported to a nearby hospital with what officials described as minor injuries.

A neighbor, who only wants to go by the name Alex, was in his jacuzzi tub when he says he heard loud bangs coming from outside.

That's when he grabbed a towel and worked to get the man out as fast as possible.

"Because there was some big bangs and there was some oxygen bottles inside the house so that's what I was scared about," Alex told NBC 7.

Officials said there were no oxygen bottles involved in the fire.

According to one of the residents, the fire may have been caused by a power surge.

No official cause has been determined. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out