San Diego City Firefighters are doing their part to help their colleagues on the East Coast affected by Super Storm Sandy.
On Monday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., local firefighters will host a “Fill the Boot Drive," collecting money for more than 500 firefighters who lost their homes to Sandy.
San Diego firefighters will be at the following locations Monday morning collecting money:
- Front Street and Ash Street (downtown San Diego)
- 6th Avenue and University Avenue (Hillcrest)
- Midway Drive and Rosecrans Street (Midway District)
- College Avenue and Montezuma Road (College Area)
- Torrey Pines Road and La Jolla Parkway (La Jolla)
- Bernardo Center Drive and Rancho Bernardo Road (Rancho Bernardo)
According to Robert Bunsold of the San Diego Fireman’s Relief Association (SDFRA), the funds raised will be donated to the FDNY Foundation to help East Coast firefighters in the wake of Sandy's devastation.
For more infomation about the SDFRA and how to donate to firefighters in need, visit click here.