La Mesa House Fire Displaces Family | NBC 7 San Diego

La Mesa House Fire Displaces Family

The family was able get out of the house without being injured



    Fire crews battled the fire before dawn on Saturday.

    A La Mesa family of four is homeless after a flames blazed through their home in the middle of the night, according to fire officials.

    A single story house on the 5700 block of Lambda Lane caught fire at around 2:21 a.m. on Saturday. Fire and rescue crews from La Mesa and El Cajon arrived at the scene within six minutes.

    Upon arrival they found heavy fire and smoke coming out of the garage attached to the house and the family was already outside of their home.

    An aggressive fight from fire crews stretching hose lines into the house prevented the blaze to spread to the main structure of the residence.

    The family was able get out of the house without being injured.

    The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but it is believed that an electrical issue in the garage is what prompted the flames. Estimated damage to the house is $250,000.

    The two adults and two children who live in the house are getting assistance from the American Red Cross. 

    Follow NBCSanDiego for the latest news, weather, and events:iPhone App | Facebook| Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts