A house located in Solana Beach caused quite a stir Thursday morning when smoke filled the structure.
Firefighters originally thought it was a 2-alarm fire, but it ended up being a smokey situation. The residents were lighting a fire in the fireplace and forgot to open the flue.
Several fire trucks responded to the scene, but there was no fire to extinguish.
Keep up to date on breaking news: Download our improved iPhone app, follow us on Twitter @nbcsandiego, fan us on Facebook, sign up for our breaking news e-mail alerts or text SDBREAKING to 622339 to receive text messages for local breaking news. (For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.)