Hay Fire Contained at Ramona Pet Store

Two homes burned; damage nearly much worse

Monday, Aug 8, 2011  |  Updated 10:34 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
San Diego's 2011 Fire Season

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Authorities say fire in a stack of hay bales at a Ramona pet store spread to two homes and came close to power lines and propane tanks before firefighters were able to contain it. There were no injuries.

The two-alarm fire was reported around 2:30 a.m. Monday and contained about 4 a.m.

A dispatcher for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection told City News Service the fire spread to two neighboring homes, causing some damage and displacing four people.

The dispatcher did not know the cause of the fire at Kahoots Feed & Pet Store on the 200 block of Main Street. Firefighters did not have a damage estimate.

Ramona is about 40 miles northeast of San Diego.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out