A HAZMAT team investigated an item delivered to a fire station in Chula Vista.
Around 10 a.m. a man went to Fire Station No. 5 at 391 Oxford st. after finding containers labeled "cyanide" in his family's property. The man said he was cleaning out his recently deceased father's shed when he discovered the bags.
The man placed the containers in his car and took them to the fire station to have them inspected. Firefighters then roped off the area and called HAZMAT to investigate.
Cyanide is known to be highly toxic.
Officials tested the substance and disposed of it.
Battalion Chief for CVFD Darrell Lyea said it was a low dose of cyanide, typically used for metal work.