A house fire in El Cajon damaged a master bedroom and has displaced three people and a dog.
Fire crews got the call to a home on Westwind Drive just after 11 p.m. Monday.
Close to 20 firefighters worked to battle flames coming out of two sides of the building. They were able to contain the fire to one master bedroom, where the fire began.
Crews were unable to make entry to the home for quite some time due to what they said were "hazards inside the home" according to Deputy Chief Rick Sitta with Heartland Fire and Rescue
Heartland Fire issued a news release Tuesday morning saying the tenants had been using propane gas inside the home for lighting and heat since the electrical power had been turned off to the house.
The fire was sparked when one tenant tried to transfer propane to smaller containers, firefighters said.