Family Poisoned in the Night

By Artie Ojeda and Michelle Wayland
|  Thursday, Feb 11, 2010  |  Updated 11:05 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Family Poisoned in the Night

Artie Ojeda

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Family Poisoned in the Night

A mother heard her child's screams before she passed out.
More Photos and Videos

A family of six got a terrifying wake-up call overnight -- a 2-year-old’s cry and a 5-year-old’s screams.

The screams woke-up their mother, who then passed out.

According to the grandmother of the children, the family was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at their home on the 1700 block of Outer Drive.

A five-year-old and eight-year-old also got sick. The father managed to call 911.

A propane barbeque used in the garage earlier in the evening may be to blame. There did not appear to be a carbon monoxide detector inside the home, according to fire crews.

Three firefighters were also overcome by the fumes, but are okay.

The family has all been released from UCSD medical center.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out