Electrical Fire Sparks on Sunrise Powerlink Pole

The fire was extinguished quickly and no injuries were reported

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Firefighters responded to an electrical fire involving a section of Sunrise Powerlink on Monday afternoon.

    A power pole on Star Valley Road in Alpine melted and caused a small brush fire underneath the power lines around 4 p.m., according to CAL Fire.

    The fire was extinguished quickly and no injuries were reported.

    San Diego Gas & Electric crews also responded to the scene. The incident occurred at a site where overhead and underground equipment connect and power flow was not interrupted, according to officials.

    Sunrise Power Link Not At Risk in Old Fire:SDG&E

    [DGO] Sunrise Power Link Not At Risk in Old Fire:SDG&E
    The Old Fire burning near Campo is no longer considered a threat to the Sunrise Powerlink system in the East County, officials say. On the topic of utilities, federal regulators also say design flaws caused the excessive wear in tubing that carries radioactive water at San Onofre.

     

    Keep up to date on breaking news: Download our improved iPhone app, follow us on Twitter @nbcsandiego, fan us on Facebook, sign up for our breaking news e-mail alerts or text SDBREAKING to 622339 to receive text messages for local breaking news. (For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.)