Man Dies in El Cajon Mobile Home Fire

Authorities responded to intense flames at one of the Starlight Mobile Homes, occupant was trapped inside

By Monica Garske and Elena Gomez
|  Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012  |  Updated 10:15 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Man Dies in El Cajon Mobile Home Fire

NBCSanDiego

A fatal fire sparked at this mobile home in El Cajon on Monday morning.

advertisement

A fatal fire broke out on the 300 block of E. Bradley Ave. in El Cajon Monday morning, engulfing a single-wide mobile home.

The San Miguel Fire Department said they started getting calls around 9 a.m. about smoke coming from an air-conditioning vent in a mobile home at the Starlight Mobile Homes community.

They also got word that the occupant of the mobile home was trapped inside.

Fire officials said heavy smoke was visible from a distance and when fire crews arrived on the scene, the smoke and flames were so intense, it kept them from accessing the home.

Crews knocked out the fire within approximately 10 minutes and when they were able to get inside the home, they discovered a deceased man.

The man’s identity has not been released yet.

A cat was also found inside the burned out home.

Follow NBCSanDiego for the latest news, weather, and events: iPhone App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out