Accuser's Mom Claims More Victims Molested by Former Commodore

The girls’ mother said she is afraid for her family’s safety with Thomas Garrett living at his home again

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBCSanDiego
    Thomas Garrett appeared in court Monday, Feb. 6 to face charges of child molestation.

    Court documents reveal new accusations against a former San Diego firefighter and former commodore of the Coronado Yacht Club accused of molesting a child in his Chula Vista neighborhood.

    Thomas Garrett faces criminal charges for molesting his neighbor's 10-year-old daughter and according to court documents obtained by NBCSanDiego, Garrett faces accusations he’s abused other children.

    The alleged victim’s mother claims Garrett also molested her 4-year-old twins – something that did not come out of Garrett’s arraignment Monday.

    Accuser's Mom Claims More Victims Molested by Former Commodore

    [DGO] Accuser's Mom Claims More Victims Molested by Former Commodore
    The girls mother filed a restraining order that included new allegations against Thomas Garrett.

    Garrett, 71, was released on bail after pleading not guilty to the charges for a forcible lewd act on a victim under 14 years of age and one charge for a lewd act on a child.

    The girls’ mother said she is afraid for her family’s safety with Garrett living at his home again.

    So the woman filed a restraining order request outlining the alleged harassment and claiming Garrett molested all three of her children on multiple occasions.

    She says she first learned about it in March of last year and that both of her four year olds claim the man touched them in their private areas.

    So far, the D.A.'s office has only filed charges involving the 10 year old girl.

    "Two of them would have been three years old at the time, it's difficult to believe a judge would say I think they can testify and that may well have weighed into the D.A.'s decision, too, in terms of what to charge and what not to charge," said Garrett's attorney.

    As for the restraining order, it wasn't approved because a criminal protective order is already in place stating Garrett can't come within 100 yards of the alleged victim, except for entering and exiting his own home.

    "We're going to have Mr. Garrett very passionately and credibly protesting his innocence saying, 'I don't know what you're talking about," said Garrett's attorney.