Crews in Lakeside were called to the scene of a fire started by commercial clothing dryer Monday night.
The fire started at the launder mat on the 12500 block of Lakeshore Drive at about 8:20 p.m.
When Lakeside Fire Department arrived to the scene, smoke was rising from the building and crews could see flames coming out of the roof.
Crews had to dismantle part of the building to knock out the fire, according to the department.
The extent of the damages is not known at this time, but department officials stated that smoke entered a second building nearby, causing possible damage.
In total, 12 Lakeside fire personnel responded to the fire. They were assisted by crews from Santee and CalFire.