Clothing Dryer Ignites in Flames

Commercial launder mat catches fire in Lakeside

By Lauren Steussy
|  Monday, Dec 26, 2011  |  Updated 10:39 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Clothing Dryer Ignites in Flames

Captain Mark Grow, Lakeside Fire District

Crews responded to the dryer fire in Lakeside Monday evening.

advertisement

Crews in Lakeside were called to the scene of a fire started by commercial clothing dryer Monday night.

The fire started at the launder mat on the 12500 block of Lakeshore Drive at about 8:20 p.m.

When Lakeside Fire Department arrived to the scene, smoke was rising from the building and crews could see flames coming out of the roof.

Crews had to dismantle part of the building to knock out the fire, according to the department.

The extent of the damages is not known at this time, but department officials stated that smoke entered a second building nearby, causing possible damage.

In total, 12 Lakeside fire personnel responded to the fire. They were assisted by crews from Santee and CalFire.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out