A father and son jumped from the second-story of a Chula Vista home to escape a house fire early Friday.
Firefighters arrived to the home at 1471 Helix Way just before 4:30 a.m. and found flames and smoke pouring from the second floor of the home.
Two families living in the split home were forced to evacuate.
One of the residents told NBC 7 through a translator that he and his son jumped to escape the smoke and heat from the fire.
“I just have some injuries to my hand because I was hanging from the window,” the man said.
His hand was bandaged but he told NBC 7 News he was not in much pain.
Residents living nearby were also evacuated.
The homeowner said it may have been an electrical problem that started the fire. Officials have not released the official cause of the fire.
More NBC 7 Stories:
- San Diego Man May Be Latest Victim of 'Knockout' Game
- San Diego Man Rescued from Submerged Car
- Woman Reported Missing; Car Seen Driving Into Mexico
- Dad Returns Home with Bloody Leash, Sparking Search for Owner
- Caught on Video: Driver Survives Speed Trial Crash