Cat Saved from Rancho Penasquitos House Fire

By Greg Bledsoe and R. Stickney
|  Thursday, Mar 28, 2013  |  Updated 8:16 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Crews were able to contain the flames to that one room and save the family cat. NBC 7's Greg Bledsoe reports.

Crews were able to contain the flames to that one room and save the family cat. NBC 7's Greg Bledsoe reports.

advertisement

A family pet was rescued when fire broke out inside a Rancho Penasquitos home Wednesday.

“Apparently they found him downstairs under the table,” resident Ollie Neglerio said of the family’s cat.

“I could care less what's inside,” Neglerio said. “He's like family to us, you know.”

Fire forced the family from the home on Maler Road just after 9 p.m.

The fire started in a bedroom on the upper floor, behind the broken window firefighters said.

Crews were able to contain the flames to that one room and save the family cat.

No one was injured in the fire.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out