Carmel Valley Boy Injured in House Fire

Firefighters believe the cause may be tied to home renovation

By R. Stickney and Brandi Powell
|  Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012  |  Updated 7:44 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A Carmel Valley family woke up to a fire in their home, just after midnight. The second floor of a home on the 4600-block of Sevona was engulfed in flames, due to a contractors table and materials firefighters tell NBC 7s Brandi Powell.

A Carmel Valley family woke up to a fire in their home, just after midnight. The second floor of a home on the 4600-block of Sevona was engulfed in flames, due to a contractors table and materials firefighters tell NBC 7s Brandi Powell.

advertisement

A boy was hospitalized after a house fire in Carmel Valley Tuesday.

The family woke up to a fire in their home, just after midnight. The second floor of a home on the 4600-block of Sevona was engulfed in flames, due to a contractor’s table and materials according to firefighters.

The mother said she, her husband and her daughter were doing okay but her 4-year-old son was still at UCSD being treated for smoke inhalation.

The woman told NBCSanDiego they had to go through an unbelievable amount of black smoke to get out.

Firefighters say the family is lucky they live so close to a fire station.

The family had been undergoing renovation on the home. Firefighters say the fire likely started from some construction materials upstairs.

A table found inside the home was surrounded by caulk and other chemicals and substances, but firefighters could not give an exact cause until the investigation is complete.

Follow NBCSanDiego for the latest news, weather, and events: iPad App | iPhone App | Android App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out