Four more cases have been tied to a serial groper in Chula Vista, according to police. The latest incidents bring the total number of cases to 13.
The four latest cases happened between January 14 and January 17.
The victim was able to give a detailed description of the suspect and investigators developed a composite sketch (pictured above.)
The suspect is described as light-skinned Hispanic or Caucasian in his early 20's with a medium build and thin mustache. He frequently wore a hooded sweatshirt over his head, partially obscuring his appearance, police said.
“In all cases the suspect fled on foot running away from the victim,” said Collum.
"There's no way to know the mind set of somebody out there who's doing something like this,"said Lt. Roxana Kennedy.
She said most of the attacks happened along the city's western corridor between Fourth and Broadway.
"Obviously, he's probably been in the area, watching and picking and selecting his victims,'Lt. Kennedy said.
The Police Department is reminding all residents of the following precautions:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid distractions from cell phones, I-Pods, etc.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace.
- If you think you are being followed, walk toward an area that is well lit and well populated.
- Be careful when people stop you for directions or money. Always reply from a distance.
- Never get too close to solicitors who are in cars.
- If you are in trouble or feel you are in danger, don't be afraid to attract help any way you can; scream, yell, or run away to safety.
- Be a good witness.
If you believe you recognize the individual depicted in the composite sketch, or if you have been a victim or see suspicious activity, you're asked to call the Chula Vista Police Department at (619) 691-5151.