Organizers of the San Diego County Fair have a reason to shout: The Fab Fair was a smashing success.
According to organizers, 1,457,130 people invaded the fairgrounds for the Beatles-themed event, the second-highest attendance in fair history. More than 1.5 million fairgoers attended in 2012.
The fair wrapped up Sunday after 24 days filled with greasy goodness and groovy entertainment.
San Diego County Fair by the Numbers
- 171- Pies eaten each day at the Pie Eating Contest (That’s 1,035 slices a day.)
- 717- Entertainment groups booked (13,524 performers total and 2,025 hours of stage time)
- 5,360- People who took the bungee plunge (The youngest jumper as 6, and the oldest was 79.)
- 15,000- Pounds of bacon used by Bacon-A-Fair
- 40,000- Donuts used to make Kripsy Kreme Triple-Decker Cheeseburgers at Chicken Charlie
- 500- Gallons of cream cheese frosting used to top Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls
- 423,565- Dollars raised at animal auctions for 4-H and FFA
(Source: Del Mar Fairgrounds)
Fab Fact: The most popular ride at this year’s fair was the Crazy Mouse, a roller coaster with individual cars that spin while speeding along a winding track.