2 Burned in Small Bathroom Explosion

By Monica Garske
|  Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013  |  Updated 10:24 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
2 Burned in Small Bathroom Explosion

Getty Images

Two men sustained burns after a small explosion and fire broke out inside a bathroom at a Spring Valley apartment complex Wednesday night.

The incident happened at a two-story apartment complex in the 9000 block of Campo Road just before 10 p.m.

According to fire officials, firefighters responded to reports of a blaze inside an apartment unit. By the time crews arrived, the small fire had already been extinguished.

Officials say it appears someone was filling a butane lighter inside a bathroom when the person spilled lighter fluid, which then ignited and caused a small explosion.

Two men suffered burns and were transported to UCSD Medical Center, officials said.

The incident is under investigation. The Sheriff’s Bomb and Arson unit also responded to the scene to help in the investigation.
 

Follow NBC 7 for the latest news, weather, and events: iPad App | iPhone App | Android App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out