An "error” has led to the distribution of an extra 78,000 doses of the H1N1 vaccine in San Diego County.
Public Health Officer Wilma Wooten said the shots would be distributed to health providers across the county. The top priorities for the vaccines are children at least 6 months old and pregnant women.
Here's a rundown of the clinics set for this week running from 8-11 a.m. and from 1-4 p.m.:
- Central: 5202 University Ave., San Diego, (619) 229-5400
- North Central: 5055 Ruffin Road, San Diego, (858) 573-7300
- North Coastal: 104 S. Barnes St., Oceanside, (760) 967-4401
- North Inland: 606 E. Valley Parkway, Escondido, (760) 740-4000
- South: 690 Oxford St., Chula Vista, (619) 409-3110
- East: 855 E. Madison Ave., El Cajon, (619) 441-6500
- Immunization clinic: 3177A Ocean View Blvd., San Diego, (619) 595-4452
More information is available by calling 211 or by going to the San Diego Immunization Branch Web site.
San Diego County schools are also working on ways to vaccinate children. Randolph Ward with county department of education said they are looking at creating school-based vaccination clinics. The clinics would only provide vaccine to students, not the general public.