America’s Finest City is also among the best cities for tourists in 2016 – at least according to a newly-released report.
Personal finance company, ValuePenguin, published a report examining the “Best Cities for Tourists” in 2016 and, as it turns out, San Diego-Carlsbad ranks No. 8.
The rankings on the most visitor-friendly cities looked at 200 metropolitan areas in the United States. Criteria used in the analysis included a city’s walkability, safety and weather, as well as tour guide wages and other factors such as how many hotels and breweries operate in a city.
The report concluded that San Diego ranks 20th when it comes to tourist attractions and 8th overall.
San Diego follows these other top-notch tourist cities on the list, in order:
1) Santa Maria-Santa Barbara, California
2) San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California
3) Omaha-Council Bluffs, Nebraska and Iowa
4) New Orleans-Metairie, Louisiana
5) Charleston-North Charleston, South Carolina
6) Des Moines-West Des Moines, Iowa
7) Austin-Round Rock, Texas
To read the full report, click here.