San Diego’s La Jolla Cove has been ranked one of the top beaches in the United States, according to a list released Wednesday by TripAdvisor.
The popular local beach came in at No. 8 on a list of the top 25 beaches across the nation.
Other sandy hotspots on the list – which is overwhelmingly dominated by beaches in Hawaii, Florida and California -- include:
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Laguna Beach (Laguna Beach, Calif.)
- Assateague Beach (Chincoteague Island, Va.)
- Wailea Beach (Wailea, Hawaii)
- Lanikai Beach (Kailua, Hawaii)
- Fort De Soto Park (Tierra Verde, Fla.)
- Gulf Islands National Seashore (Pensacola, Fla.)
- Siesta Key Public Beach (Sarasota, Fla.)
The No. 1 beach is Ka’anapali Beach in Lahaina, Hawaii.
This particular list was compiled based entirely on feedback from TripAdvisor travelers. A list of the top beaches around the world was also released. That list includes beaches in Italy, Turks and Caicos, Australia and Brazil, among others.
For more details, visit this website.