Who likes Legos?
Many kids do, that’s why "The Art of the Brick" exhibit at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park is expected to be a huge hit this month.
“We’re really excited about it. It’s a world-renowned exhibition,” Nathan Young, Public Relations Director for the Fleet Science Center, told NBC 7.
That the world’s largest display of Lego art is debuting in connection with the San Diego Museum Council’s "Kids Free in October" campaign is no coincidence.
The campaign gives free admission to kids 12 and under at 40 arts, cultural and science museums in San Diego County all month long while accompanied by one full-price, paid adult. Download the museum admission coupon here.
Traditionally, participating museums see a huge jump in attendance in October.
"There’s tons of opportunity on different subject matters, it’s a great opportunity to get out with your family and enjoy these museums," said April Tellez, of the San Diego Museum Council.
The San Diego Natural History Museum is looking forward to its new exhibit this month, "Extraordinary Ideas from Ordinary People."
Judy Gradwohl, Natural History Museum President, said, “We love having kids free in October. That’s the way you create lifelong museum goers by coming as children.”
A few of the local museums participating in "Kids Free in October" include:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- California Surf Museum
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Fleet Science Center
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Martson House
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Serra Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The Water Conservation Garden
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Women’s Museum of California
For the full list, click here.