Many people will be heading out on Independence Day, but some areas residents may want to avoid.
The San Diego County Sheriff's Department warned that some areas around the county would be heavily congested throughout the day.
Here are some areas you may want to avoid on the 4th:
- Expect heavy traffic around the San Diego County Fair from 10 a.m. to midnight, especially around Via De La Valle, Del Mar Heights Road and Lomas Santa Fe Drive.
- Several roads will be closed in Rancho Santa Fe starting around noon during the Rancho Santa Fe Association's Independence Day Parade. Avoid areas near Linea Del Cielo, Paseo Delicias and La Granada in the area.
- A fireworks show in Imperial Beach from 9:30 p.m. to midnight will leave many roads along Silver Strand and Palm Avenue going east toward Interstate 5 jammed.
- From 6 p.m. onward, the areas surrounding Poway High School are expected to become congested. The school is located on the 15000 block of Espola Road.
- In Vista, road closures will be in effect near Bringle Terrace Park starting at 6:30 p.m. and going until midnight on Vale Terrace Drive. Sheriff's officials say no street parking will be allowed along Value Terrace Drive between 7 a.m. and midnight.
For a list of fireworks in and around the San Diego area, click here.