A fine-dining restaurant in Del Mar known for its elaborate, multi-course tasting menu turns 10 next month and will ring in the milestone with an 11-course lineup.
Chef William Bradley will roll out the special anniversary tasting menu at the contemporary French eatery Addison Restaurant, located at 5200 Grand Del Mar Way in the Fairmont Grand Del Mar resort, for only a limited time – from Sept. 1 through Sept. 30.
The luxurious 11-course menu features dishes that correspond with each year of Addison’s existence – from 2006 to present – plus a bite-sized amuse bouche.
Here’s a look at Bradley’s menu:
• Amuse Bouche: Iced Tea Granite with whipped lemon yogurt
• First Course (celebrating 2014): Kumomoto Oyster with sorrel and horseradish mousseline
• Second Course (celebrating 2012): Alaskan King Crab with Asian pear, melon and avocado
• Third Course (celebrating 2016): Salmon Rillette with osetra caviar and toasted brioche
• Fourth Course (celebrating 2006): Crevette with dates, lemon jam, and noisette
• Fifth Course (celebrating 2011): Caramelized Sablefish with toasted kale, scallion, and dashi
• Sixth Course (celebrating 2010): Coddled Farm Egg with white corn, black truffle, and bacon
• Seventh Course (celebrating 2013): Ris De Veau Pane with leek cremeux and caper confiture
• Eighth Course (celebrating 2008): Canard Roti with blanquette d’endive, red raisins, and sauce albuferra
• Ninth Course (celebrating 2007): Midnight Moon with green apple and celery
• Tenth Course (celebrating 2009): Yuzu Sorbet with frais des bois
• Eleventh Course (celebrating 2015): Galette Au Chocolate with mint chip ice cream and chocolate mousse
Of course, the fine-dining experience doesn’t come cheap. The 11-course dinner is priced at $250 per person. In classy Addison style, the package also includes a commemorative Addison tin of caviar for patrons to take come.
The restaurant’s newly-appointed wine director, Rafael Sanchez, will also offer optional $200 wine pairings throughout the month to compliment the special menu. Foodies who are interested in splurging on the dinner can make reservations on Addison’s website or by calling (858) 314-1900.
During its decade in the San Diego dining scene, Addison Restaurant has certainly made its mark. This past Valentine’s Day, OpenTable named it among the 100 most romantic restaurants in America for 2016. It has also been featured in USA Today’s 10Best website.
Addison opened in 2006 and is situated on The Grand Golf Club with views of the fairways. The restaurant is named after architectural visionary Addison Mizner. Typically, the restaurant offers a four-course prix-fixe menu for $98 per person; patrons can choose their course from a variety of selections. Addison also offers a “cheese cart” that features 10 top-notch cheeses from California, Wisconsin, Italy and France.