Ashton Kutcher on “Men” Gig: “Like Winning the Lottery”

By Beth Stebner
|  Thursday, May 19, 2011  |  Updated 3:54 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Within hours of Ashton Kutcher confirming he?d signed on to ?Two and a Half Men,? Charlie Sheen weighed in with kind words for the ?No Strings Attached? star but still predicted the CBS hit would flop in the ratings.

Within hours of Ashton Kutcher confirming he?d signed on to ?Two and a Half Men,? Charlie Sheen weighed in with kind words for the ?No Strings Attached? star but still predicted the CBS hit would flop in the ratings.

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

After last week’s announcement that Ashton Kutcher would replace Charlie Sheen, many have buzzed about the “Punk’d” actor’s odds of being a good fit.

But, at last night’s CBS party in New York, it looked like the 33-year-old actor was fitting in just fine, arriving to the event with “Men” co-stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones

Co-star Jon Cryer was pleased to add Kutcher to the cast, but had one small complaint: “The question that I have to ask is, ‘Did you have to get the tall guy? Really?’” he joked.

Kutcher is equally excited to forge a new chapter in his career, and said he was overwhelmed by supporters sending him a kind work via email or Twitter.

“You’d almost think I won the lottery or something, which I kind of did,” he told Us Weekly.
“I've got the best job in show business, and I am ecstatic about that.”

But how, you ask, will they incorporate Kutcher into the show?

CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said that series creator Chuck Lorre has “cooked up something fabulous” for Ashton’s “manly men” integration, but that viewers will have to wait until the fall to see what those plans are.

Selected Reading: NYDN, Daily Mail

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out