"It's been a very challenging time," the reality star, who has also been on reality shows including "Beauty and the Geek," "Rock Of Love 2" and "Charm School 2," told People.
In Las Vegas to host a party at The Playground, she seemed ready for the limelight again after keeping a low profile over the last few weeks.
"I'm happy to move forward at this point," she said. "It's been a very upsetting, sad, tragic situation that nobody could have expected."
And while her latest show was pulled from the airwaves after the news of Jenkins as the murder suspect and his apparent suicide days later broke, Megan doesn't plan to be gone long.
"I really enjoy being on TV and I love my fans," she said. "I want to continue doing TV work."
However, it won't be on VH1. Earlier this week, a network rep told Access Hollywood a report about a new show for the star was "not true."
"The story Radar.com ran about us giving Megan Hauserman a new show is not true," a rep for VH1 previously Access. "If they had checked their story with us we would have told them so — but they did not fact check their story."
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Jasmine Fiore's Final Photo Shoot
PLAY IT NOW: Ryan Jenkin's Ex-Fiancee Paulina Chmielecka: 'I Can't Picture' Ryan Killing Someone (August 27, 2009)