Barbara Walters Reveals That NBC News Tried To Hire Her Last Year

Monday, Jan 11, 2010  |  Updated 2:00 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Barbara Walters: NBC Tried to Hire Me

Getty Images

Barbara Walters says NBC News tried to hire her back last June, but she decided to stay at ABC.

advertisement

Barbara Walters says NBC News tried to hire her back last June, but she decided to stay at ABC.

Walters says she met with NBC Universal chief executive Jeff Zucker and other officials, but chose not to go because she's been happy at ABC.

The 80-year-old journalist said Monday on "The View" that with the emphasis on the 18-to-49 age group for advertising, "it was a very flattering offer." Walters says she would have been able to continue to appear on the ABC show.

Says Walters: "So I just want to say that in spite of the fact it is young, young, they did make me this offer and now I can publicly thank them."

The two networks didn't immediately respond to e-mails from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Walters spent 13 years on NBC's "Today" show.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'The View'
PLAY IT NOW: 'The View's' Vampire Frenzy (2009)
PLAY IT NOW: Barbara Walters & Sherri Shepherd Let Loose On Jon & Kate Gosselin

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Barbara Walters - The View - TV - NBC - ABC

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out