Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, will not go to trial until September, per the request of defense attorneys.
The very public trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray, will be delayed until September.
The judge in the case granted Murray’s lawyers additional time to gather information and more fully prepare their defense, according to Reuters.
Although Murray had originally refused to waive his right to a speedy trial, his attorneys told the judge Friday that they need more time to line up new defense experts to refute new prosecution witnesses.
L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said in court that a "massive investment of time and money" had been put toward the trial.
He added that a delay might be costly.
One new prosecution witness is expected to testify that it would have been impossible for Michael Jackson to have taken the anesthetic propofol orally the morning he died. Murray was with the pop star when Jackson, then 50 years old, passed away.
This is at odds with defense theory, but the judge ruled Friday that the new prosecution witness would be allowed to testify.