Jean Claude Van Damme Denies Suffering Heart Attack on Set

Muscles from Brussels says he's fine

By Greg Wilson
|  Thursday, Oct 21, 2010  |  Updated 12:17 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
"Top Gun" Cast Then and Now

Getty Images

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 16: Jean Claude van Damme attends the Variety Celebrates Ashok Amritraj event held at the Martini Terraza during the 63rd Annual International Cannes Film Festival on May 16, 2010 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Christian Alminana/WireImage)

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Jean Claude Van Damme, the 1980s tough guy who proved that Belgians can be bad dudes, is denying a report he suffered a minor heart attack on the set of his latest film.

"Hours ago, I read a rumor online about me suffering a heart attack," Van Damme, 50, said on his Facebook page.

"Please do not believe all what you read from rumors on any unofficial JCVD sites. Jean-Claude Van Damme is 100 percent healthy, training well for taking the fight and sending his fans and friends much love," the post added.

Van Damme was filming "Weapon" in New Orleans when the report that he was stricken came out. He was briefly admitted to a hospital then released. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Shooting for the film was previously took place in Romania before the cast and crew came to the Big Easy for three days of filming.

"Weapon," set for release next year, is about rival assassins who team up to take down a DEA-backed drug cartel.

Selected ReadingE! Online, Twitchfilm.net, IMDb.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out